Spyce is on a mission to change the way the world eats—serving healthy, restaurant-quality, meals at affordable prices. Our Spyce Kitchen delivers customers freshly prepared meals in minutes - all at the touch of a button. Our technology enables us to spend more where it matters. Our culinary team is advised by world-renowned chefs and we craft recipes from ingredients that are locally sourced or from partners we trust. If you're interested in transforming the fast food industry, contact us - we're excited to meet you.
The Spyce Kitchen creates every meal cooked-to-order from fresh ingredients. For our engineering team, it’s a quick symphony of autonomous culinary craft. Over 60 active degrees of freedom, precision machined parts and a small army of sensors allow us to measure and cook each meal to the gram, degree and second. If you like clever mechanisms, elegant design and taste-testing free meals while you tinker; this could be the job for you.
We are looking for a talented mechanical engineer to join our technology development team on a full-time basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with our design team to craft and implement the aesthetic and shell of the Spyce Kitchen
- Act as a system integrator and manage assembly of our machines
- Design, build and test new mechanisms and assemblies
- Work with regulatory bodies (UL and NSF) to certify machine components
- Design and build fixtures and assemblies for certification and testing
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Proficient at using 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Previous experience working with an industrial design team
- Ability to design beautiful products with a lot of detail to aesthetics
- Comfortable working within large assemblies with thousands of parts
- Experience in the design process from concept through implementation
- Technical competency working with a variety of materials, including metals, plastics and wood.
- Able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, and efficiently collaborate to
achieve project goals
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline)
This position is an exciting opportunity to launch and grow a transformative restaurant concept. This hire will work closely with the whole team to ensure everyday they are building with a purpose and keeping the vision in mind.
We are looking for individuals that are driven, flexible and excited to eat delicious food.
This is a full-time position and includes benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com