Spyce is on a mission to change the way the world eats—serving healthy, restaurant-quality, meals at affordable prices. Our Spyce Kitchen delivers customers freshly prepared meals in minutes - all at the touch of a button. Our technology enables us to spend more where it matters. Our culinary team is advised by world-renowned chefs and we craft recipes from ingredients that are locally sourced or from partners we trust. If you're interested in transforming the fast food industry, contact us - we're excited to meet you.
Software brings the Spyce experience to life. Our software team orchestrates robotic systems, real-time ordering, digital displays and power electronics to craft a personalized culinary experience for each customer. If developing the brain behind our new style of restaurant intrigues you, drop us a line--we’d be happy to connect :)
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our technology development team on a full-time basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architecting, implementing, debugging, deploying, and maintaining the software that runs the
Spyce machine and restaurant
- Developing a robust and fault tolerant software system to deliver meals from the Spyce machine
- Using components developed by Spyce and our manufacturing partners
- Writing software to parse orders from customer POS system and send appropriate instructions to
our machine PLC
- Determining edge case scenarios and writing software to account for them
- Working with electrical engineers on the selection and evaluation of electronic components and
- Working with UX team to implement UI/UX concepts on digital displays
- 2-5 years of industry experience designing, writing, debugging and validating software for
- Some experience writing firmware preferred
- Experience working alongside a UI/UX team
- Proficiency in Python, C++ etc.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and configuration
- Comfortable specing and selecting hardware for software purposes.
- Ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, and efficiently collaborate to
achieve project goals
- Comfortable with HTML and Android
- Experience with Linux and embedded systems
- Experience building robotic systems
- Experience with digital signage or multi-monitor setups
- Passionate about test driven development cycles
- Love for food
This position is an exciting opportunity to launch and grow a unique restaurant concept. This hire will work closely with the whole team to ensure everyday they are building with a purpose and keeping the vision in mind.
We are looking for individuals that are driven, flexible and excited to eat delicious food.
This is a full-time position and includes benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com